Dear Women of St. Luke Parish,
Welcome back to school and the start of fall! We are in the process of renewing memberships for the upcoming SLWC year. Membership will run from November 1, 2015 – October 31, 2016. Please note that membership criteria has been amended to include all women of St. Luke as members of the SLWC. We rely heavily on our yearly dues to help achieve our goals and initiatives throughout the year and really appreciate all who donate and help us support the SLWC. (Download the Membership form here.)
We set out last year with a number of initiatives and goals and were able to accomplish many of them and will continue with them this year (see below).
"Our mission is to nurture and strengthen the relationships among the full spectrum of women in St. Luke Parish in an effort to better serve both the social and spiritual needs of our parish community, as well as other worthy causes."
Our desire is to build membership by having fun with friends and by developing new friendships with St. Luke Parish women through active participation in a wide variety of events and initiatives throughout the year.
We also serve the needs of our Parish in the following ways:
- Create a calendar with a wide range of interesting events for the year
- Coordinate meals for any SLWC member and family during times of need
- Provide an Honor Guard (UPON REQUEST) at the Funeral Mass celebrated at St Luke for any SLWC member or an immediate family member (PLEASE CONTACT A BOARD MEMBER TO MAKE A REQUEST.)
- Recognize all women of the parish on Mother's Day
- Actively participate in "Coffee on the Plaza" and "Pack the Pews" parish initiatives
- Help to facilitate a group creative effort which will enhance our parish, all suggestions and ideas are welcome
- SLWC Newsletter sent electronically
- In the spirit of giving back, the St. Luke Women's Club will present and donate monies to different areas of the St. Luke community at large.
THANK YOU for your patience and support this past year as we transitioned to our current board. We are honored to serve our community and look forward to another great year!
Dee Dee Carr, Ann Corrado, Maria Cullerton, Molly Hanley, Tracy Hollenbach,
Jean O'Brien, Rose Szurko Ramage, Bridget Thomason, and Kerri Willsey